Fit Forum

Encouragement for healthy living.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 September on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Just over 3 weeks 'til the marathon and I still haven't run even once.

2 Re: September on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Sheila P

Your vacation sounded absolutely wonderful, Kathy! I need some mountain views and a hot tub right now. I haven't ran more than 1.5 miles at a time yet so I really need to step up my game. Hopefully I'll get out there tomorrow morning before going to Round Lake. REALLY need to do ab dvd to tighten up my flabby pouch

3 Re: September on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Plan to do 10 min trainer this evening before I open a nice bottle of vino. Dare I say I will run tomorrow morning. Perhaps.

4 Re: September on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Passed out by 9pm, no trainer, no vino and no waking for a run today. The rest will do me good. Plan to run 3 miles this week at least twice. When are we drawing for our position in the marathon? Who is the 5th runner? All I see on the website is the course map. Is there a breakdown of how many miles each runner will do? Call me if anyone going to track. Prefer very early or after 7.

5 Re: September on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Ran 3 miles tonight and feel great! Going to treat myself to a cute running outfit for the big day!

6 Re: September on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Sheila P

Looking forward to another three mile run tonight. Perhaps we can start going around 6 now that it isn't too hot and it gets dark around 7? This way we will be home for bed times and not totally exhausted for early morning wake ups

7 Re: September on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Sheila P

LETS DRAW STRAWS THIS WEEK!!!! First leg is scary long but at least you're the first done. 4th and 5th legs not too bad

* 1st Leg, at Starting Line, 7.3miles;
* 2nd Leg, at Lindsay Yacht Club, 5.1 miles;
* 3rd Leg, at District of Rock Island, 6.2 miles;
* 4th Leg, at RI Arsenal Island, 3.2 miles;
* Last Leg, on River Drive in Moline, 4.4 miles

8 Re: September on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Ok, off to the track we go tonight! What night is everyone free to draw straws? I realy need to step it up, I should have made much more progress by now. All I did was eat fat laden animal products all weekend. Chobani, apples, and nuts this week.

9 Re: September on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:04 pm

I could draw straws on Wed or Thur night (or weekend evenings).

10 Re: September on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:16 am

Sheila P

Drawing of the straws and sushi at Ann's Wednesday night @ 8pm, right? Can someone let Mary know? I don't know if she goes on this site anymore and I never get a reply to texts I send her. Back hurt this morning after our three mile jog. Legs, not so much. Convinced I'm using the wrong muscles. Was starving after our run so I stopped at Dominicks and got a bag of pita chips and watched the stupid Kardashians while I devoured over half the bag. At least I got some fiber. I'm addicted to those things. I HIGHLY recommend the Eating Right Multigrain with sea salt ones from Dominicks. Taste a hundred times better than the New York Style Whole wheat ones and a good bit healthier too. I plan on eating extremely healthy today and taking either a long stroll with the boys or a bike ride this evening. Feeling good. Someone at work asked me how many times I had my belt wrapped around my waist this morning because I was so trim!

11 Re: September on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:13 am

Ran/walked last night and officially decided I don't enjoy running whatsoever. However, gyro tasted that much better afterwards. Plan to run early Sat for all interested up at Richard's track or we could go over to the Bullfrog lake trail. Would ideally like to run around 7am or 8 at the latest. Who's in?

12 Re: September on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:00 pm

ok so Harry working tomorrow so I could do an evening run, anytime after 5 or an early morning run on Sunday. Anyone???

13 Re: September on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:04 am

Ran 4.5 miles tonight, piece of cake. It's amazing how much easier it is when your blood sugar is not fluctuating. I only stopped at that point b/c it is so damn boring. Perhaps a run Sunday morning? Definitely will run Wed. Can't wait until this is all over!

14 Re: September on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 am

ran 5 miles tonight. going to fit in one more run before Sunday. Maybe a shorter one (2-3 miles) on Sat before we leave. mega crunch time now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum